When I saw the Kachula 2.0 on KickStarter I got excited about the idea of a versatile blanket designed for outdoorsy people. There was a void in the market, with not many blankets made to be rugged for the outdoors and versatile enough to handle all types of weather conditions. I was happy to see CoalaTree stepped to the plate and fill this void.
- Measures 50″ x 72″ laid flat
- Soft cotton flannel blend on the top, durable ripstop nylon on the bottom, both made from 100% recycled materials
- Packs into attached stuff sack for use as a travel pillow or cushion
- Use the stuff sack to stash keys, notebooks, phones, and more to keep them safe and secure
- Integrated snap system to combine multiple Kachulas together for a family-sized blanket
- Attach the included hood to use your Kachula as an emergency rain poncho
- Eco-friendly application of DWR (durable water-repellent) coating
After taking this blanket camping for a night, I am real impressed.
The Kachula 2.0 is not a normal, boring blanket. It is made from a sustainably sourced, eco-friendly waterproof flannel, and lined with a durable rip-stop nylon backing to ensure quality. You can get the blanket in three different colors: red/purple, green/brown or black/gray. I choose the green/brown earthy combo called “wooded forest.”
What makes this blanket an “adventure blank”? One reason is definitely that it is waterproof and comes with a detachable waterproof hoodie – allowing the blanket to convert into a poncho. This is perfect for unexpected storms when at the beach, park or really anywhere if the sky opens up.
The waterproof coating also makes it spill-proof and dirt-resistant, yet maintain a soft and comfortable feel. I used it to lie on while on a hike with my fiancé and dog. My dog used it to sleep and bundle up in. We all loved how it felt.
There is also a hidden pocket with double sided zippers. When your not using the hoodie, it can be stored in there – along with your phone or any valuables. Due to the double sided zippers, the hidden pocket can also be used to stuff the blanket into itself. Perfect for when you want to use it as a pillow or just to pack the blanket away.
The Kachula 2.0 is a good size when fully open, spreading to 4 feet x 6 feet, while only weighing 1.6lbs. It is nice size to lie on when at the beach or to wrap yourself in when it gets cold, windy or rainy.
If you like to go to the beach, park, festivals, camping, hiking, hunting, boating or just want to sit in your backyard, you will definitely want to this versatile adventure blanket.
Dimensions: 4 ft x 6.5 ft (121 cm x 198 cm)
Weight: 1.6 lbs